- Best Oboe Reeds For Professionals Seeking Maximum Expression With Supple/Free Blowing Response-Always Handmade!
First Chair Professional Oboe Reeds are handmade from scratch and 100% hand scraped. They are designed to help developing students play their best with somewhat less effort. They have a beautiful tone, a supple response and are well balanced for pitch and stability. Professional models benefit from an extra nuanced finish versus the intermediate model. Customized to meet functional objectives for model, including: match staple size; cane brand, size, gouge and shape; blank construction; and scrape
Designed for high school, college and adult amateurs with 4+ years experience seeking a great reed that features a smaller aperture and lighter scrape to achieve a less strenuous playing experience.
- First Chair Oboe Reeds are made with reed maker choice of Rouche or Magic Reed Select oboe cane as conditions warrant. Paired with a Chiarugi professional 47 mm 2+ staple to achieve a slimline design. This modifies aperture size for gentler playing experience.
- Reeds are finished with an American long scrape.
- Every reed receives dozens of micro adjustments and quality tests prior to shipment. My goal is always to meet/exceed my strict quality standards for every reed I make- without compromise.
- Tested in two rooms with and without carpet on a Loree 125 oboe. When I test reeds, I try to replicate the embouchure of the player I expect to purchase it, not my own. If it is not a fit, I start over.
- Reed prep instructions are included.
- Light application of Vaseline to moisturize cork.
- Covid sanitized.