- Magic Reed Intermediate Oboe Reeds are handmade from scratch and 100% hand scraped. They feature a robust design promoting dark tone and maximum expression. They are best for serious students capable of managing more structure in their reed. They are designed for players with at least 18 months experience, 1 year of private study and a developing embouchure.
- Made with my coveted 2017 Marion inventory in a true medium to medium hard strength, density and wall thickness. Cane is precision processed in-house for optimum results. Cane substitutions are possible at reed maker discretion.
- Chiarugi #2+ 47 mm staple.
- Moderate aperture.
- Signature American long scrape with dozens of micro adjustments and quality tests prior to shipment.
- Made through a nuanced process that supports the optimum function of the four pillars of the oboe reed: stability, pitch, tone and response.
- Tested in two rooms with and without carpet on a Loree 125 oboe. When I test reeds, I try to replicate the embouchure of the player I expect to purchase it, not my own.
- Reed prep instructions are included.
- Light application of Vaseline to moisturize cork.
- Covid sanitized.