- Best Advanced Level Oboe Reeds Using Cane From The Frejus Region Of France For Extra Warmth And Expression
First Chair Professional Oboe Reeds are handmade from scratch and 100% hand scraped. They have a beautiful tone, a supple response and are well balanced for pitch and stability. I match staple size; cane brand, size, gouge and shape; blank construction; and scrape to meet or exceed attributes in the reed description.
Players seeking a more robust playing experience could consider Magic Reed or Avignon.
Cane: My choice of the best regular density Frejus region oboe cane that promotes best professional results at a point in time (Rouche (M) or Vic (MH). Staple: Professional Chiarugi staple 47mm 2 or 2+ to manage aperture size and achieve best result. Shape: Mack/Pfeifer or similar. Blank Length: 72.5-73 mm. Finished Reed Length: 69.75-70 mm.
Signature American long scrape. 100% hand scraped or hybrid scraped (extra definition and sometimes lighter) options. Moderately defined tip. Heart .41-.43 in thickness (customized for cane strength and density). Moderate windows, defined heart/back with catch. Moderate spine, modified at base of reed to reduce internal dimensions and bring up pitch. Professional level response. Every reed gets dozens of micro adjustments and quality tests prior to certification and shipment.
- Tested in two rooms replicating the embouchure of the player I expect to purchase it, not necessarily my own.
- Reed prep instructions are included.
- Light application of Vaseline to moisturize cork.
- Covid sanitized.
- Reeds are guaranteed against cracks and leaks or other defects with a refund or replace remedy. They are otherwise not returnable.