- Best Oboe Reeds For Experienced To Professional Players Seeking A Balance of Tone, Pitch And Extra Focus-Always Handmade!
Avignon Professional Oboe Reeds are handmade from scratch and 100% hand scraped. They are dark, expressive reeds and feature the most focused tone in my product line. They have great projection and sound great in concert halls. I match staple size; cane brand, size, gouge and shape; blank construction; and scrape to meet or exceed attributes in the reed description.
Designed for professionals, adult amateurs and conservatory bound students. Enjoyed most by those with well developed embouchures and greater windspeed to fully take advantage of the reed's capability.
- Black thread label.
- Made with Alliaud oboe cane with true medium to medium hard strength, and with higher densities and wall thickness. Precision processed for best results. Magic Reed Var is back-up cane and can be used at discretion of reed maker. They have similar densities and strengths.
- Moderate aperture.
- Paired with Chiarugi professional #2+ 47 mm staple.
- Signature American long scrape.
- Receives dozens of micro adjustments and quality tests prior to shipment.
- Made through a nuanced process that supports the optimum function of the four pillars of the oboe reed: stability, pitch, tone and response.
- Each oboe reed is finished to concert standards.
- Extra sort and drying cycle and quality sort.
- Tested in two rooms with and without carpet on a Loree 125 oboe. When I test reeds, I try to replicate the embouchure of the player I expect to purchase it, not my own. If it is not a fit, I start over.
- Reed prep instructions are included.
- Light application of Vaseline to moisturize cork.
- Covid sanitized.